How to Request a Record & Fees

Contact Us

For more information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (316) 755-7310.

How to Request a Record

Please contact your Freedom of Information Officer to determine whether the information you need is available from the City. Please remember to be courteous and specific when requesting information so you may be better served.

Fill out the City of Valley Center Request for Record Form and present it to the front desk at City Hall. The City has a maximum of three business days from the time the request is received to provide the information. If the request is delayed or denied a written explanation will be provided.


The Kansas Open Records Act authorizes agencies to charge fees for providing access to or furnishing copies of public records. These charges are set at a level to compensate the City for the actual costs incurred in honoring your request. The fee will be requested in advance and may include:
  • Cost of staff time required to make the information available
  • Cost of copying or reproducing the record
Currently the City of Valley Center charges the following for copies
(this cost does not include the staff time it takes to fulfill requests)
  • Black and white copies - $0.20 per sheet
  • Color copies - $0.50 per sheet