City Clerk's Office
To provide excellent public service to our citizens and businesses; continuing to increase quality of service to our community through education, information, and technology.
The Office of the City Clerk exists to uphold the public trust, protect local democracy, and provide access to matters of public interest diversely and inclusively.
Kristine A. Polian
Assistant City Clerk
- Supervises City Hall Administrative Staff.
- Secretary for the Governing Body - maintains a true and accurate record of its proceedings, of its offcial acts, and processes all paperwork for execution and filing; administers city oaths.
- Maintains and preserves the Corporate Seal for the City of Valley Center.
- Maintains and facilitates information regarding special property assessments, tax levies, voting, elections, city permits and licenses not associated with Community and Economic Development.
- Assists with the issuing of Community Development permits in the absence of the Community Development Director.
- Office of Human Resources for city employees.
- Maintains city deeds, bonds, temporary notes, and insurance for the city.
- Administrator for the Valley Center Cemetery.
- Performs other duties as prescribed by local ordinance and resolutions as well as County, State, and Federal statutes.
- Manages and prepares the budget for the City Clerk's office.
- Monitors city assets, capital project finances, along with city revenues and expenditures.
- The City Clerk's Office performs the duties for Accounts Payable and Receivable, and Payroll functions for City.
- Prepares city financials for the annual independent audit.
Utility & Licensing Functions
Water & Sewer Utility Clerk
Storm Water & Trash Utility Clerk
121 S. Meridian
PO Box 188
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed on Holidays
The City Clerk's office is in charge of the administrative side of city utilities:
- New service for Water, Sewer, Stormwater, and Solid Waste (i.e. Trash) utilities.
- Transfer of said services within the city.
- Issues and challenges pertaining to city services.
- The processing of all revenue coming into the City - identifying and allocating same.
The City Clerk's staff provides assistance with:
- Dog Licenses
- Kennel Permits (for anyone with an excess of four dogs)
- Door-to-Door Licenses
- Fowl Permits
- Horse Permits
- Block Party Permits
- Fireworks Permits